Thursday, March 20, 2008

lots of lauggghing due to the last posts

Ok I just want to say that maybe we should go to BTOWN for Fisa's graduation!! that could be fun and it SHOULD be warm by then there. hahah

I just want to note that next week in our nations capitol it will be sunny and warm all week i love living in a place with actual seasons lalalla flowers are sprung, blossoms are blossoming, love is in the air! but not in terms of the people ya'll. in terms of the nature.

I am on a\conference call, sending emails, and barefoot right now. my neck hurts from holding the phonne

I had the option of going to the mtg in person but figured it would be more time efficient but next time i am just going to go because its not as interesting and there is sooo much to distract me

little social justice plug: Check out ActionAid they have a report about women and climate change. We Know What We Need...google it if you want some knowledge for yo braiiiin.

There is a national corn dog day that I got invited to celebrate... hahah funny corn dogs are wicked gross.

I bought a book called Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity
Anyone who does anything that involves doing more than one thing should get this book. I am so excited to finish reading it and get my new binder together. It gives you wicked concrete examples abt how to organize there are charts and graphs in the book flow charts its great, and I LOVE a good calender. although it makes me want to get a blackberry even more which is expensive and I have not been workin' the corner like i use to ladies let me tellllll you!

Since Drew has been gone I am getting shit done! It's great I love it tonight i plan on staying late and applying tactics from my new book to all the crap on my desk. Last night I stayed late and went to the bookstore (where a guy complimented my new hair), Tuesday night I went to a happy hour with drew's friend's boyfriend and others and monday night i stayed and volunteered at work, its been so nice! i love it and know that it will not last but wish that it would sigh

i am going to tell before devon can and hopefully she does not get mad but she DID abandon me on gchat just now so....
but she is thinking of getting her hair cut wicked short: "not mama billie short but kerry russel short" excitement!

I am headed back to Miami in April and am thinking about seeing what service options are available in Haiti.Since I know of a woman who just moved to Africa last month and I am learning more and more abt it I am becoming more nervous to go there. I know its big! so "there" does not seem like the right word to use but...
When I read some of her experiences they make me uncomfortable and i know i am not ready for the challenges. basically as a woman here I don't think I could live without the privileges that I have here even little things like privacy and writing things like mind your own vagina, I think I would have to behave and i dont want to do that... also James Drew's Kenyan friend from work says things like
Mercedes will have to cover her hair when you come to visit, ppl think dreds r dirty there, she will also have to stay a good distance from you or ppl will think she is a prostitute... soooo yes u can see why that is concerning hahaha

ok hello I really should not be doing this blogging right now so peace out sister friends of the mother earth that made us!

No comments: